Cat and Dog Surgery in Muncie, IN: Handled with Care
If your pet comes to us for surgery, they will receive personalized care and attention from our team at every step of their procedure. Our AAHA accreditation applies to every area of our practice, especially surgery, where commitment to safety is our highest priority. At Maplewood Animal Hospital in Muncie, we use the latest technology and best practices to make pet surgery less stressful and as pain-free as possible for our patients. Overall, our goal is to have pets leave us in even better condition than when they arrived.
Consult with us to discuss your pet’s surgical needs!
Our Cat and Dog Surgery Safety Blueprint
In order to make surgery the safest experience for every pet, we follow these protocols:
- Examining your pet before their procedure and performing blood tests to ensure that they are healthy
- Giving your pet an injection to help calm them before they receive anesthesia
- Having a well-trained veterinary technician track your pet’s vital signs with the help of our advanced monitoring equipment
- Placing an IV catheter to help with administering fluids and/or additional medications to your pet while they are in surgery
- Using a heated table to keep your pet’s body temperature within a normal range
- Keeping a close eye on your pet as they awaken after surgery and making sure they can eat, drink, and urinate on their own before going home
Surgical Services Our Veterinarians Offer in Muncie
To accommodate our patients’ needs as much as possible, we offer a variety of soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries. These include:
- Spaying and neutering
- Exploratory surgery
- Mass removal
- Skin tag/growth removal
- Gastropexy (for the treatment of bloat in dogs)
- Bladder stone removal
- Fracture repair
- Eye surgeries
- ...and more
Whether your pet is seeing us for an emergency procedure or an elective surgery, our veterinarians and support staff will give your pet the individual attention and thoughtful care they deserve.